This document provides a technical overview of the architecture and key features of the Frosmo platform.
Frosmo platform at a glance
The Frosmo platform is a web UI development solution for improving website functionality and personalizing online user experience. For an introduction to the platform, see Introduction to the Frosmo Platform.
The following figure introduces the basic architecture and information flows of the Frosmo platform.
Figure: Frosmo platform architecture and information flows at a glance
In a nutshell:
The Frosmo platform is hosted on servers in Central Europe. However, Frosmo can also set up dedicated instances in specific market areas.
Frosmo platform architecture
The following figure shows the main components and subcomponents of the Frosmo platform architecture and the information flows between them.
Figure: Frosmo platform architecture and information flows in detail
- The Frosmo custom script contains the configurations and custom code specific to a single site. These are used to modify the content and functionality of the site. The custom script runs on top of the Frosmo Core library and is unique to each site (or group of sites managed as a single site). Changes made to a site in the Control Panel are automatically reflected in the custom script for that site.
<script> elements in a web page's HTML source code, one for the Frosmo Core library and the other for the Frosmo custom script. Apart from adding these two elements, no other changes to the web page are required to use the Frosmo platform. For more information, see Adding the Frosmo scripts to your site.
Script hosting and delivery
The Frosmo platform uploads the custom script and associated media files (ones added directly to modifications) to the CDN every time they need to be updated, that is, every time something on your site is changed using the Control Panel. The assets are always exported to CloudFront and, when needed, copied from CloudFront to other CDNs.
Frosmo data layer
Customers can use the Frosmo data layer to implement basic data tracking by themselves, rather than have Frosmo do it in the custom script.
You can pass information about the following events and items through the data layer:
- Custom actions
For more information about the data layer, see Frosmo data layer.
Frosmo Control Panel
The Control Panel is the main Frosmo application for customizing and monitoring websites. In a nutshell, the Control Panel allows you to:
- Configure how the Frosmo platform modifies content and segments visitors for a site.
- Monitor how well the modifications and segmentation perform on the site.
The Control Panel uses the Graniitti API to access the Frosmo back end, and to deploy the Frosmo custom script to the CDN.
The Graniitti API is currently only used by the Control Panel. However, in the future, the API will be made public. Customers can then use the API to, for example:
- Provide data to custom dashboards and management UIs.
- Provide an outside access point to usage data that is collected and stored by the Frosmo platform.
The Message API retrieves content to be displayed to visitors from the Frosmo back end. The Message API uses segmentation data and previous usage data to dynamically select suitable content for the visitor.
The Message API also tracks what content is shown to whom and how many times.
Custom APIs are typically used to:
- Return specialized data to the browser, such as data stored in a customer's back-end system or data read from a feed.
- Send data to another service, such as email addresses to a mailing list for marketing automation purposes.
The Frosmo platform can use the data stored in the browser's local storage and cookies, such as segmentation data, to determine which modifications to show to the visitor. Modifications can also use data stored in the Frosmo back end.
Here are some examples of common modifications:
- Add new content, such as personalized product recommendations or content generated from data feeds.
- Modify existing content, such as images or links.
- Remove unnecessary content, such as distracting elements, site navigation elements in shopping carts, or surplus elements in mobile-optimized layouts.
- Modify the layout and styling of a web page.
Modifications are grouped into the following types:
- Automatic modifications generate content automatically from a data feed or an API, or from existing content managed elsewhere on the website. The generated content is first stored in the Frosmo back end and then retrieved from there for display.
- Basic modifications are used for content that is retrieved from the Frosmo back end and displayed only after the browser has rendered the web page.
- Cached modifications are used for static content that must be inserted into the web page code before the page is rendered in the browser. (Like with all modifications, the content is maintained in the Frosmo back end, but unlike with the other modification types, the content is inserted in full in the Frosmo custom script for quick access.)
- Recommendations generate content based on the visitor's previous behavior on the website.
Frosmo platform administrators manage modifications in the Control Panel.
In terms of graphics and other media, Frosmo prefers to use the existing content on the site or content procured by the customer through their own CMS system. Customers deliver the content to Frosmo by providing us with access to their content management system (CMS). The Frosmo team then adds the content to the site using the Control Panel.
The data can be categorized into:
- Product data
- Segmentation data
- Visitor data
The data is mainly used for content targeting.
For more information about what specific data the Frosmo platform collects, see Data gathering and handling.
Integration with external systems and services
The Frosmo platform can integrate with customers' back-end systems and other online services, such as analytics, marketing automation, and content management systems.
Integrations are typically used for synchronizing segmentation data between the Frosmo platform and a customer's back-end system, or for using the collected usage data outside the customer website. Integrations also allow the Frosmo platform to input data about displayed or clicked content directly into a web analytics tool, such as Google Analytics.
You can integrate the Frosmo platform with, for example:
- Analytics tools: By default, the changes made on a site using Frosmo are not included in web analytics tracking. It is therefore important to integrate Frosmo to the analytics tools you use so that you have a clear understanding of what is happening on your site.
- Marketing automation solutions: The Frosmo platform can help you to make the most of it by effectively gathering data you can then use to target your marketing efforts to the appropriate audience. You can set up integrations with, for example, ad platforms and email services.
- Data management platform (DMPs): As with many other systems, extracting useful data from DMPs can be laborious and requires the use of multiple APIs. The Frosmo platform can be used as a master API, an interface for all data calls between your DMP and your website.
Here are some examples of common integrations:
- Add visitor email addresses to specific mailing lists based on segmentation.
- Use email notifications to provide shopping cart contents for interrupted shopping sessions ("abandoned carts").
- Retrieve information from and store information to external databases. For example, retrieve user data from a customer's database and use the data to personalize website content, or send segmentation data to a customer's database.
- Retrieve information from data feeds, such as product data feeds, or back-end systems, such as customer relationship management (CRM) systems. For example, retrieve information about new products or products currently on sale from a data feed, and generate corresponding product recommendations to visitors.
The Frosmo platform can also use segmentation data to identify target audiences for online advertising campaigns. The platform can integrate with the following ad servers:
- Google AdWords
Frosmo platform security
The Frosmo platform can limit customer access to the Control Panel by IP address. This restricts access to the customer's dedicated Control Panel to Frosmo premises and to the IP addresses specified by the customer.
For more information, see Security overview.
|Google Chrome||Latest version|
|Internet Explorer (IE)||9 or newer|
|Microsoft Edge||Latest version|
|Safari||8 or newer|
Table: Browsers officially supported by the Frosmo Control Panel
|Google Chrome||Latest version|
|Internet Explorer (IE)||11 or newer|
|Microsoft Edge||Latest version|
Ad-blockers and content filtering software
The Frosmo platform is not on any known basic ad-blocking lists.
Some privacy lists and software block the Frosmo platform, for example, EasyList, F-Secure Freedome VPN (when tracking protection is enabled), and Ghostery (when the "Beacon" category is selected).
The Frosmo platform interprets an incognito browsing session as a new visitor. This means that no segmentation data or other data previously stored in the browser is available for the session. Each new incognito session is counted as a new visitor.