In addition, the Frosmo Platform assigns the visitor an identifier (local Frosmo ID), decile, and possible other indicators.
For more information, see:
The Frosmo Platform automatically sets the following indicators for a visitor:
Local Frosmo ID
The local Frosmo ID is an identifier that is used to identify the visitor (browser) on the Frosmo Platform in order to retrieve visitor-related data from the Frosmo back end. The ID is stored in the browser's local storage (or, if the user is on an Apple device or the site uses modifications whose content is preloaded, in a cookie) and it is unique within a site. The local Frosmo ID persists until the visitor clears their browser cache or the ID is otherwise manually removed.
Global Frosmo ID
The global Frosmo ID is a third-party cookie used to identify the visitor (browser) across different domains and websites.
Every visitor entering a website running the Frosmo Platform is randomly placed in one of ten deciles. The visitor stays in the same decile until the browser cache and cookies are cleared.
You can use deciles in A/B testing: for example, you can determine that 50% (five of the ten deciles) of your target audience sees modification A, while 50% (the remaining five deciles) sees modification B, or no modification at all. This assigns a specific group of visitors to modification A and prevents group A from affecting the statistics of group B.
Deciles enable you to test your content with just a part of a segment instead of entire segments.
In the Frosmo Control Panel, you can define the target deciles for each modification.
In the Frosmo context, a comparison group refers to visitors who see the original content of a web page instead of modifications. The comparison group allows you to monitor modification performance as compared to your original content.
The Frosmo Platform automatically divides all visitors entering a site into two groups (A and B). If the comparison group is enabled for a modification, 10% of visitors (group B) do not see the modification, while the remaining 90% of visitors do (group A). If the comparison group is disabled for a modification, all visitors see the modification (groups A + B). Once a visitor is included in the comparison group, that visitor will not see any modifications on the site that have the comparison group enabled.
You enable the comparison group for a modification when creating the modification. If the comparison group is enabled, a tracking variation is automatically created for the modification. If the modification has been active (and therefore, statistics have already been created for the modification), you cannot remove the tracking variation.
If you want to use the comparison group on your site, enable it for all modifications. This ensures that the modification statistics for your site remain consistent and valid.
Default data tracking
The Frosmo Platform automatically collects the following data about a visitor:
In addition, visit data, such as visit dates and times, IP addresses, and page referrer information, is stored in server logs. For more information, see Data collected from websites.
By default, the visit data is not combined with the visitor's local or global Frosmo ID. This means that you cannot identify a specific visitor based on the visit data.
To monitor the trends in site traffic, the Frosmo Platform tracks the number of daily visitors and sessions.
To view the site traffic statistics, in the Frosmo Control Panel, select Statistics > Traffic. You can view the following statistics as integers:
- Daily unique visitors
- Monthly unique visitors
- Daily sessions
- Monthly sessions
Figure: Daily and monthly unique visitors
Figure: Daily and monthly sessions
Retention means the number or proportion of visitors who have visited your site more than once.
To view the site retention statistics, in the Control Panel, select Statistics > Retention. You can view the following retention statistics:
- Returning visitors per day as a percentage of all visitors (after 1, 3, 7, and 30 days)
- Returning visitors per day as integers (after 1, 3, 7, and 30 days)
- New visitors as integers
Figure: Returning visitors per day
Figure: New visitors per day
Visit sources refer to the domains in which a visitor clicks a link to end up on your site. They can also enter your site by typing its URL directly in the browser's address bar.
To view the visit source statistics, in the Control Panel, select Statistics > Sources. You can view the following visit source statistics:
- All daily visitors by referring domain
- New visitors by referring domain
Figure: Visitors by referring domain