- The Frosmo custom script contains the configurations and custom code specific to a single site. These are used to modify the content and functionality of the site. The configurations include, for example, cached modifications whose content is preloaded, placements, segments, and triggers. The custom script runs on top of Frosmo Core and is unique to each site (or group of sites managed as a single site). Changes made to a site in the Frosmo Control Panel are automatically reflected in the custom script for that site.
- Add new content, such as personalized product recommendations or content generated from data feeds.
- Modify existing content, such as images or links.
- Modify the layout and styling of a page.
- Remove unnecessary content, such as distracting elements, site navigation elements in shopping carts, or surplus elements in mobile-optimized layouts.Modify the layout and styling of a page.
Modifications are grouped into the following main typescases:
- Basic modifications are used for content that is retrieved from the Frosmo back end and displayed only after the browser has rendered the page.
- Cached modifications are used for static content that must be inserted into the page code before the page is rendered in the browser. (Like with all modifications, the content is maintained in the Frosmo back end, but unlike with the other modification types, the content is inserted in full in the Frosmo custom script for fast access.)A/B test: Create two or more content variations to test which variation performs best.
- Multi-armed bandit: Select a multi-armed bandit algorithm that automatically decides the best-performing content variation and adjusts the variation distribution accordingly.
- Personalization: Create a single piece of content that you can personalize.
Frosmo Platform administrators manage modifications in the Control Panel.
For more information about modifications and related features, see Modifications.
For information about how conversions are attributed to modifications, see Introduction to conversion tracking.