- The Frosmo custom script contains the configurations and custom code specific to a single site. These are used to modify the content and functionality of the site. The configurations include, for example, modifications whose content is preloaded, placements, segments, and triggers. The custom script runs on top of Frosmo Core and is unique to each site (or group of sites managed as a single site). Changes made to a site in the Frosmo Control Panel are automatically reflected in the custom script for that site.
<script> elements placed directly in a web page's HTML code. The first element loads Frosmo Core and the second one loads the custom script for the site. Apart from adding these two elements to every page on a site, no other changes are required to use the Frosmo Platform. For more information, see Setting up the Frosmo Platform for your site. The scripts are separated so that modifications can be pushed faster to your site without having to load the entire library every time.
Script hosting and delivery
The Frosmo Platform can use the data stored in the browser's local storage and cookies, such as segmentation data, to determine which modifications to show to the visitor. Modifications can also use data stored in the Frosmo back end.
Here are some a few examples of common modifications:
- Display personalized content based on the visitor's behavior or context.
- Add new content, such as personalized product recommendations or content generated from data feeds.
- Modify existing content, such as images or links.Modify the layout and styling of a pagebanners.
- Remove unnecessary content, such as distracting elements, site navigation elements in shopping carts, or surplus elements in mobile-optimized layouts.
- Test the layout and styling of and element or a page.
Modifications are grouped into the following main cases: