To create the recommendation strategy:
- In the Frosmo Control Panel, in the sidebar, select Data Management More > Recommendations > Strategies.
- Click Create recommendation strategy.
Define the following settings:
- Name: Enter "Most popular on site". Note that the ID automatically completes to "most-popular-on-site".
- Page type: Select other.
- Algorithms: Select the following algorithms (in order):
- Most viewed on the site in the past 24 hours, 5 items
- Most bought on the site in recent days, 5 items
- Affinity: Set the slider to No affinity applied (0%). Let's show the same recommendation to all visitors, without a visitor's affinities biasing their results.
The following figure shows the complete recommendation strategy in the Control Panel. Click the figure to view a larger version.
For more information about the settings, see Creating and editing a recommendation strategy.
- Click Save. The Frosmo Platform generates the recommendation data for the new strategy. The data generation may take several minutes.
- In the Preview section, review the items returned by the strategy.
To create and activate the recommendation modification:
- In the Control Panel, in the sidebar, select Modifications > Overview.
- Click Create modification.
Enter "Home page - Recommendation - Most popular" as the modification name, select Personalization as the modification case, and click Create.
You could also select another case, but since this modification needs only the one variation, Personalization is the natural choice here.
For more information about the settings, see Creating and editing a modification.
Select the placement for the modification:
In the Basic settings view, in the Placement section, click Select placement.
Select the predefined placement for a home page recommendation. In this example, the placement is Home page - Recommendation.
- Click Save.
For more information about the settings, see Defining the placement for a modification.
Define the content for the modification:
In the Basic settings view, in the Content section, click the variation name.
- In the Variation settings section, click Select type.
In the Content templates list, select the predefined template for a recommendation slider, and click Select. In this example, the template is Recommendation slider.
In the Content options section, enter an appropriate title for the recommendation, such as "Most popular", and select the strategy you created for the most popular items.
- At the bottom of the view, click Save.
Back in the Content section, click the quick menu button for the variation, and select Activate.
- If you want to disable the comparison group for the modification, click the quick menu button for the group, and select Deactivate.
For more information about the settings, see Defining the content for a modification.
- Activate the modification:
- At the bottom of the Basic settings view, click Activate.
- To confirm, click Activate.