- Create the recommendation configuration.
- Optionally, create a template for the recommendation. In the template, fetch the recommendation data using the Recommendations API.
- Create a modification for the recommendation, and set up the modification:
- Optionally, define segments targeting for the modification.
- Define a placement for the modification.
- Define the content for the modification. If you created a template, use the template as the content, and define the content options, if any. If you did not create a template, define the modification content as custom content. In the custom content, fetch the recommendation data using the Recommendations API.
- Test the recommendation. If you're not in a workspace, use variation preview or test mode.
- Publish the recommendation. You do this by activating the modification (or, if the modification is already active but in test mode, by disabling test mode for the modification).