Before you can create a segment that uses a custom action, the custom action must be available in the Control Panel, either through having been triggered from the site or created in the Control Panel. If you plan to base the segment on specific values of the custom action, those values must also be available. For a geolocation custom action, this simply means that you must first create the custom action with the appropriate values in the Control Panel. For a basic custom action, you need to do one of two things:
- Implement the tracking for the custom action tracking on your site, wait for visitors to trigger complete the custom action so that it the action gets stored in the Frosmo back end along with its values, and then create the segment. This is the more typical approachrelated segments in the Control Panel.
- Create the custom action with the necessary values in the Control Panel, create the segmentrelated segments, and then implement the tracking for the custom action (using the values defined in the Control Panel)tracking on your site.
To create a segment that uses a custom action:
- In the Control Panel, select Data Management > Segmentation > Segments.
- Click Create segment.
- Click Add new rule, click Custom action, and define the segmentation rule. Remember to select the correct custom action and whichever values you want to use for this segment. For more information, see Creating segmentsand editing a segment#Custom action.
- Set the time limit for the segment. For more information, see Creating segmentsand editing a segment#Time limit.
- Select Description, and enter a descriptive name for the segment. You can also enter a description to better remember what the segment is about.
- When you're done, click Save.