This document describes the basic process of creating and editing Learn how to create and edit a modification, and defining define the modification settings.
To get started, watch the following tutorial to learn how to create a personalized banner modification.
On this page:
settings for the modification.
|Table of Contents|
Creating a modification
Before you start creating a modification, carefully plan what type of modification you want to create: what you want to achieve, who you want to target, and so on.
- In the Frosmo Control Panel, in the sidebar, select Modifications > Overview.
- Click Create modification.
Create the modification:
- Enter a descriptive name for the modification. You can change also edit the name later, if necessary.
- Select the modification case.
Optionally, enter a description for the modification. You can also edit the description later.
If you're creating an A/B test modification, enter a hypothesis that defines the problem, proposed solution, and expected result for the test.
Here's an example hypothesis:
Our contact page receives a lot of unique views according to our analytics software, but only a fraction of the visitors actually bother to fill out the contact form. Shortening the form by removing all optional fields will make the form less daunting and increase the number of leads generated.
- Click Create.
- Define the basic settings for the modification:
- Optionally, define the schedule for the modification. By default, the modification is available round-the-clock, every day, and indefinitely.
- Optionally, define advanced settings for the modification.
- Preview the modification.
- When you're done and the modification is ready for production, activate the modification.
You can select from the following cases:
- A/B test: You can create two or more multiple variations to test which variation performs best. You manually define the variation distribution, that is, the percentage of eligible visitors to whom a specific modification variation is actually shown. For example, when you activate the modification with two variations, you can define that the variation distribution between the variations is 60% -vs. 40%.
- Multi-armed bandit: You can create two or more variations. You select a multi-armed bandit algorithm that automatically decides the best-performing variation and adjusts the variation distribution accordingly. For more information, see Optimizing modifications with the multiMulti-armed bandit optimization.
- Personalization: The modification can only have a single variation. The variation is pre-created with the modification, and you can modify it, but not remove it.
- Non-personalized: The modification can only have a single variation. The variation is pre-created with the modification, and you can modify it, but not remove it. This case is only available when selective profiling is enabled for the site. Selective profiling allows you to display modifications to visitors based on their profiling choice.
Editing a modification
To edit a modification:
- In the Frosmo Control Panel, in the sidebar, select select Modifications > Overview.
- In the modifications list, find the modification you want to edit, and click its the modification name.
Edit the modification settings: