Pages

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Published by Scroll Versions from this space and version 9.2

...

Table of Contents

Introduction

The Frosmo JavaScript library, which runs on top of a website in the visitor’s browser, consists of the following components:

  • The Frosmo Core library implements the core functionality and services of the Frosmo JavaScript solution. The library manages modifications and segmentation, collects usage data, and fetches modification content from the back end. The library is the same for all customers and sites.
  • The Frosmo custom script contains the configurations and custom code specific to a single site. These are used to modify the content and functionality of the site. The custom script is unique to each site (or group of sites managed as a single site).

For more information about the Frosmo JavaScript library, see Technical overview.

When a visitor enters a site running the Frosmo Platform, the Frosmo Core loads JavaScript library loads in the visitor's browser and starts automatically tracking the visitor's activities on the site. This happens even when the site has no site-specific configurations, such as modifications or segments, or custom code defined for it.

In addition, the Frosmo Platform assigns the visitor an identifier (local Frosmo ID), decile, and possible other indicators.

...

The Frosmo Platform automatically sets the following indicators for a visitor:

Local Frosmo ID

The local Frosmo ID is an identifier that is used to identify the visitor (browser) on the Frosmo Platform in order to retrieve visitor-related data from the Frosmo back end. The ID is stored in the browser's local storage (or, if the user is on an Apple device or the site uses modifications whose content is preloaded, in a cookie) and it is unique within a site. The local Frosmo ID persists until the visitor clears their browser cache or the ID is otherwise manually removed.

...

The Frosmo Platform automatically divides all visitors entering a site into two groups (a A and bB). If the comparison group feature is enabled for a modification, 10% of visitors (group B) do not see the modification, while the remaining 90% of visitors do (group b) will not A). If the comparison group is disabled for a modification, all visitors see the modification (groups A + B). Once a visitor is included in the comparison group, that visitor will not see any modifications on the site that have the feature comparison group enabled.

You enable the comparison group for a modification when creating the modification. If the comparison group is enabled, a tracking variation is automatically created for the modification. If the modification has been active (and therefore, statistics have already been created for the modification), you cannot remove the tracking variation.

Infotip

If you want to use the comparison group on your site, enable it for all modifications. This ensures that the modification statistics for your site remain consistent and valid.

...

The Frosmo Platform automatically collects the following data for about a visitor:

Table of Contents
maxLevel2
minLevel2
includeSite

...

|Visitor

...

|Visit

...

In addition, visit data, such as visit dates and times, IP addresses, and page referrer information, is stored in server logs. For more information, see Data storage and retentioncollected from websites#Server logs.

Info

By default, the visit data is not combined with the visitor’s visitor's local or global Frosmo ID. This means that you cannot identify a specific visitor based on the visit data.

...

Visit sources refer to the domains in which a visitor clicks a link to end up on your site. They can also enter your site by typing its URL directly in the browser’s browser's address bar.

To view the visit source statistics, in the Control Panel, select Statistics > Sources. You can view the following visit source statistics:

...