A trigger allows you to detect a particular event on a web page and take a predefined action based on that event. For example, when a visitor views a specific page or product, or clicks a specific element, you can define a trigger to show related content to them.
You can use triggers in:
- Conversion definitions to track conversions
- Placements to determine when to display a modification
- Segmentation by defining that a visitor is segmented when their actions fire a specific trigger
This guide introduces triggers, and shows you how to create and use them in the Frosmo Control Panel.
- Creating and editing a trigger
- Duplicating a trigger
- Removing a trigger
- Trigger examples
- Example: Segmenting visitors based on modification clicks
- Example: Segmenting visitors based on their device type
- Example: Segmenting visitors based on their IP address
- Example: Displaying preloaded content based on the time and day
- Example: Displaying content to visitors changing the shopping cart contents